Sunday, January 9, 2011

Why a blog?

It's now Jan, 2011.  In Aug of last year, my wife and I acquired a nicely restored 1941 Chevrolet 2 dr sedan.  Once I found out the old style 216 cu in engine and enlcosed/torque tube driveline really limited the use of this car to driving in parades and short trips, I began an internet search on ways to improve the reliability and performance of my new toy.  I now have nearly all of the parts necessary to begin the driveline replacement.  Many personal and forum friends have expressed interest in the progress on this project so I figured creating a blog would allow others to follow along on this adventure.  I'll post pictures and progress reports from time to time.  My plan is to provide some background info on my involvement with cars and the story of how we came to own this beautiful 41 Chevy first.  Next will be a photo update to bring the project to it's current state.





2 comments:

  1. nice car, how does the chrome around the windows on the sides and the chrome strip below the window , how are they attached????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like many items on this old car, I'd have to check the service manual or body manual (I have both) to find an answer. The trim is stainless not chrome and I believe it is held in place by small push clips. This trim is part of the Special Deluxe model trim package.

      Delete