Monday, August 1, 2011

Another weekend of car shows & a fuel line upgrade

Dick at More Power made up a new fuel line using AN fittings and braided ss line and I got it installed on Sat.  Had to put a 1/2" spacer under the air cleaner for fuel line clearance but all is well.  Should have used a 90 degree fitting at the pump.  That will get changed this week.


Sat morning I checked out a show I'd heard about at the Chicago Drive Pub in Grandville.  It was close by so I figured I stop for a bit before heading to the Byron Center Days show with the rest of the Road Rodz members.  There was only 1 car there when I arrived and only 6 total when I left a couple hours later.  Seems their promotion left a lot to be desired.  The Byron Center show was a free entry, no awards type of show at a local church.  They had a nice hamburger/fries/pop combo in the fellowship hall and about 30 cars showed up.  Nice relaxing afternoon.

Road Rodz cars.  L to R, Jimmy D., Dave, Jim B., Rick, me, Steve, Don's new 32 Duece Coupe.




Phil the Prez & Mike






Sunday started early as the Grand Haven Coast Guard Festival car show was about a 40 minute drive and the registration opened at 7:30am.  Ken drove his Nova up from Holland and, since the other club cars were running a bit late out of Grand Rapids, I decided to head over on my own and join Ken to save some parking spots.  The main street was filling up fast when Ken got there so he grabbed a spot on a side street just opposite of the registration booth.  We had 10 club cars in attendance and the show total was right at 300 according to the sponsoring club.  Got pics of some great cars at this show.


The Road Rodz cars



Cars lined the main street on both sides.


Awesome cars



























Phil's bucket T reflected in the side of Don's 37.

None of us won any awards this time but I did manage to pickup a new banner for the man cave in the garage.


No comments:

Post a Comment