Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mar 15

Dropped of the new/old bell housing to Dennis today for sand blasting.  Also took 2 of the new aluminum wheels to Maksims, one of my old drag car sponsors, to have them mount up any throw away tires they had on hand.  Turns out they had a perfect size - P205/70R 15.  Once they are mounted up, I can check the fit to make sure the back spacing is correct and the suspension clears.  Brake parts and shocks aren't due for delivery until Fri but I wanted to get a jump on the install so I put the rear shock cross member back in and installed the 57 rear end.  The stock wheels are back on and the car is on the ground.  I'll put it back on jack stands under the rear end to check the shock fit and mark the cross member so Dick can weld on the shock mounting brackets.  The rear end position looks good to my eyes.  Might be just a tad forward in the wheel well but the wheelbase measures correct at 116" on both sides.  I noticed a possible conflict between the new shock cross member and the top of the rear end housing.  Going to have to check that closer and make sure the shocks and snubbers do the job to prevent banging metal!

No comments:

Post a Comment