Monday, May 21, 2012

Just cruisin' the month away!

It's been about 3 weeks since I've updated the blog and most of the time has been spent driving the 41.  The new front suspension and steering makes a world of difference over the stock parts that were barely tolerable last year.  Several people have commented favorably on the new stance with the front end 5" lower.  I just smile when I look at a side view because it sits exactly how I had hoped it would. 
     The oil leak isn't fixed but the leak is less than last year.  I've been under the car and wiped it clean a couple of times since getting on the road.  Last week I removed the dust cover from the bottom of the bell housing, cleaned it thoroughly and applied a special oil absorption pad that I cut to fit.  The pad is something Maksim's uses for EPA compliance in the event of an oil spill.  I used weatherstrip adhesive to hold the pad in place inside the dust cover.  The pad seems to have reduced the leakage quite a bit since it not only blocks the weep hole in the bottom of the dust cover, the pad also retains any oil draining down the sides of the dust cover. 
     I used the 41 for a couple of computer service calls last week as well as a trip to Lowell to LA Trim to measure and order some carpet for the trunk.  Much of that tank of gasoline was burned as highway miles.  When I refilled the gas tank, I calculated the miles per gallon and got 17.7 m/gal.  That's excellent for the this combination.  Plus, I was running 75 mph on the expressway in overdrive!  Gotta love it!  The 41 doesn't have a tach so I calculated the rpm based on mph/tire diameter/3.36:1 rear end gears.  Looks like it was running 2200 rpm's at 75 mph in OD.  Sweeeet!!
     So far this month, I've attended a couple of benefit car shows as well as a club cook out and a Tues nite gathering at Fricano's Pizza.  It was raining the day of the cook out and I got a chance to run the new electric wipers.  They worked perfectly!   Here's a few pics of for this month.
 



  That last picture was taken with my cell phone in bright sunlight so the quality is a bit off.  But it's a great shot of the stance.  Hope everyone reading this has a great summer.  I'll post some updates periodically but I plan to spend as much time as possible Cruisin' the Summer away!

No comments:

Post a Comment