Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cool pics!

I mentioned previously of finding what looked like an ideal spot to take pictures of the '41.  A local furniture store, Talsma's, in Hudsonville has a rear parking lot that borders a neighbor's tall, white, privacy fence.  Since they're closed on weekends, I chose Sun afternoon to stop by and get some great shots in the sun and in the shade.  I cropped several to cut out the clutter and highlight the car.  Here's the full shots:








And the cropped versions:






Got the car back from Maksim's today after Tom installed the new kingpins.  Front end is much tighter.  However, a couple of parts that are supposed to be movable to provide adjustment for aligning the front end are frozen quite tight.  I'm going to order new pieces and install them at a later date.  The brakes checked out good so it looks like the pulling to the left issue is the misalignment of the front end.  Also had a chance to get under the car on while it was on a lift and looked at the fuel pump as a possible leak site.  I'm pretty sure that's where a lot of oil is coming from and being blown back along the passenger side of the car.  I like the look of the original glass bowl type fuel pump but I may have to go to the new style that was on the 216 engine in order to stop the oil bath!  Thurs is the big event in Muskegon with the Hot Rod Power Tour folks rolling into town in the afternoon.  My wife and I will be joining up with some friends from the Road Rodz Car Club and cruising to Muskegon together.  Here's a little more info on the Road Rodz:

http://www.roadrodz.blogspot.com/

I followed my wife's car on Sunday afternoon to check the speedometer.  As I guessed, I'm off by about 5-7 mph.  Easy enough to compensate for that and maybe later I can find the correct speedo gear for the transmission.  Also fixed my rear vision issue with the side mirrors.  The car came with some short "peek" type mirrors that were impossible to adjust well enough to see behind you.  So, I bought the ones you see in the pics.  The passenger side is still non-functional as far as rear vision but I added a 3 3/4" convex mirror over the top of the drivers side and now I can see all down the side of the car and the full lane beside the car.  Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment