Sunday, April 17, 2011

Another weekend - another update!

Had limited time to spend on the car this weekend but what time I had was quite productive.  Picked up the transmission cover/floor pan from my brother, Chip, on Friday night.  He had the new insert tacked in place for a test fit.  He also had the mount on the crossmember relocated to the opposite side.  While I was at his garage, he made up the adapter plate to relocate the trans mount farther to the rear and align with the modified crossmember mount.  Gotta take some pics tomorrow to make this a bit more understandable.  The trans cover had a little interference with the passenger front area of the transmission.  I cut out the offending piece and Chip finished the trimming and welded in a small patch on Sunday.  Saturday afternoon, I sorted thru all the rear brake parts and got everything set up for the brake install.  The new wheel cylinders are on and the brake lines were a perfect fit across the rear end to the junction block.  The brake hose I bought has the wrong size line connection for connecting to the line on the car so I'm either going to have to get an adapter or buy a different hose.  Here's the finished trans cover.


The square hole is where the shifter mounts to the transmission.  Here's an interior view with the cover in place but not bolted in.




The new Lokar gas pedal had to be raised up a bit because the lever that's under the floor was hitting the edge of the bell housing.  I tried a couple of different spacer thicknesses and finally determined that a 3/4" spacer under the pedal would allow full motion of the pedal and arm.  I think I'll make a spacer out of 3/4" plywood scrap I have on hand rather than spending another $30+ for a Lokar spacer.  I'm looking forward to the week ahead now that several obstacles have been eliminated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment