Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday update

Started assembling the rear brakes this afternoon and got thoroughly frustrated.  Too many parts issues to list.  I finally had enough and called Tom at Maksim's to see if he could stop over and bail me out.  I hate brakes!  Might have to wait until later in the week for Tom.  I did get a few things accomplished.  Made a 3/4" wooden spacer for under the gas pedal and test fit the pedal assembly on the floor cover.  Also installed the Lokar throttle cable to the carb and checked all the adjustments to make sure it will work.  Seems perfect.  Installed the linkage for the foot starter on the bell housing, primered the floor cover and wooden spacer, installed the radiator support, radiator and lower radiator hose.  Reconnected the fuel lines to and from the fuel pump and reinstalled the radiator support rods that attach thru the firewall.  The dash grill I bought on ebay arrived to day.  Looks like it will clean up nicely.  Had some greenish color to parts of it but when I rubbed that area with lacquer thinner on a rag, the green came right off!  Must be overspray.  Ordered a shifter boot and carb return springs from Jeg's tonight.  I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment