Thursday, May 12, 2011

Pictures

As promised yesterday, here's some pics of the finished fan installation as well as an overview of the engine compartment.




I made some gaskets last night to fit under the front fender trim pieces and got them installed this morning.  Also reinstalled the hood hinges.  That is a tricky job without the proper tools.  I stretched the spring using my floor jack and installed washers between the coils to keep the spring extended.  Once the spring was positioned on the car, I lowered the hood a bid to stretch the spring and the washers fell out.  Found that tip from one of the guys on ChevyTalk forums. 
     The 41 got a bath this morning and I took a few pics while it was clean and sitting in the driveway.






Tomorrow is exhaust installation day.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for your help . I think that it is a wonderful thing you detailing all of your work, it has given me help and some ideas, I do not know for sure if I am going to keep all original or go with a clip , motor and tran and different rear if I do that I really do not know how to go about it what to use or anything. I will keep in touch thanks again

    ReplyDelete