Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Super Day!

More Power has been extremely busy of late and Dick was unable to fab up the 2nd spacer I needed for the fan/water pump assembly.  So, I talked with one of my computer customers yesterday and Gary at Micro Belmont Engineering stepped up and saved my bacon!  I picked up the spacer today.  Big thanx to Gary!  Got the fan installed with the 2 spacers, one on each side and reinstalled the radiator along with the radiator brace that connects thru the firewall.  Got some parts from Jeg's today which included some chrome valve stems for the slotted aluminum wheels.  Only took a few minutes to install the valve stems so I loaded up the wheels and headed off to Belle Tire for some new tires.  Had a $20 off coupon and managed to negotiate another $50 off because they didn't have the ones I wanted in stock.  Got the new tires mounted, balance and I installed them on the car.  Lookin' good! ( Pics to follow)  Then another lucky break, Dick's daughter Dixie stopped by with a computer for a minor repair.  Her husband Steve was with her and I asked him to help me install the hood.  Big Thanx to Dixie and Steve for their help too.  Getting close to run time now!  Plan is to have a wrecker take the 41 to Lenze muffler shop on Friday and get the exhaust system installed.  Then I can lay out the oil lines for the remote oil filter and have Dick make up the lines.  
     Yesterday, I ordered a 2" lowering kit for the rear and 2" lowering front coil springs from Jamco Suspension in California.  Rear kit should be here next week while the front springs will take a couple weeks.  I'm gettin' EXCITED!!  Just gotta hope and pray that I don't have any leaks.  (fingers crossed)

No comments:

Post a Comment