Monday, May 9, 2011

Promised pics

Here's the pics I promised.  First, front of engine water pump with fan and radiator removed.


Next is new cooling fan with one of the 2 needed spacers.  Dick is making the 2nd spacer yet.  One goes behind the fan and one in front.



Finally, here's shots of the interior all back together so you can see the new Hurst shifter and the Lokar gas pedal.  The radio and heater are still out of the car awaiting repairs.



Also noticeable in the last pic is the absence of a column shifter.  I removed the shifter and rod that runs atop the steering column.  The black plug in the top of the shifter bracket will likely be remove and painted to match the steering column and wheel.  The steering wheel will need some refurbishing also.  It has a few minor cracks and some scars on the left side where the "necker knob" was attached.  I removed the knob simply because I don't like driving with them.

Once the fan and spacers and radiator are reinstalled, I can put the hood back on and schedule the appointment for the exhaust system install.  Noticed a leak from the pinion seal that is going to have to be fixed too.  Still have to mount the external oil filter bracket and plumb the steel lines from the block to the adapter.  That project has to wait for the exhaust to be on the car.  I also have some new seat belts my brother gave me.  Those will be installed soon too.  Looks like all the seats and rear carpet will have to be removed in order to install the seat belts.   

No comments:

Post a Comment