Sunday, March 11, 2012

She's taking shape!

     Another successful day today.  Dan came over this afternoon and we reattached the front end sheet metal to the '41.  My cutouts were off a bit and it took us three times putting on the front end and taking it off for trimming.  We put the front tires back on and set her on the ground to check the stance and I was grinning ear to ear!  I still have a bit of weight to add to the front with fluids, radiator, hood and bumper and the rear is sitting high due to no interior weight as well as an empty trunk and empty gas tank.



I love this next view.  The front end is sitting 2 1/2" lower now than before it came apart. 


     We turned the steering wheel left to right/lock to lock and the tires have LOTS of room!  The garage is cleaned up a bit and I rolled the '41 forward to her parking spot so I can bring my daily car inside.  Now that the snow is gone and the temps are in the 60's, I get to park inside.  lol
     Gonna take a couple days off to catch up on some household chores and tackle the income taxes.  I'll get some parts ordered Monday or Tuesday and begin the wiring project later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment