Sunday, April 15, 2012

Feels good..........

.....to be able to sit in the seat of the 41 again!  Got the interior fully reinstalled including new lap belts for the front passengers.  Still need to install the clutch and brake pedals and the new knobs for the wipers and heater blower.  The knobs will be here tomorrow.  Here's the new carpet and seat brackets installed.

    When I took the front seat out, I discovered the reason the seat had been so difficult to move.  The passenger side of the release rod wasn't connected properly and it was bent.  I straightened the rod and used a tie wrap to secure the passenger side since the stock retaining clip was broken too.  The mats laying behind the front seat are actually for the front foot areas.  LA Trim made those from carpet scraps that were left over.
     Here's a couple pics of the heater blower motor replacement.  The original motor was the same 3" diameter as the replacement unit so I used a hammer and chisel to remove the 3 L type brackets that were welded to the old motor.  These had been used to bolt the motor in the center of the housing.  I ground off the spot welds and attached the brackets to the housing.  Then I pushed the new motor within the brackets and checked the position of the squirrel cage fan.  A large hose clamp was used to firmly secure the new motor to the brackets.



     Next, I enlarged the hole for the wires so a rubber grommet could be installed.  This is a 3 speed motor so 4 wires run from the motor to a switch on the dashboard.  I used new wiper switch from KwikWire to control the motor but only connected the low and medium speeds on the motor as low and high on the switch.

     Here's the 2 fans prior to cleaning.  I'm not sure why the 4 blade fan is used but I reinstalled in anyway.



     I couldn't resist climbing in the back seat and checking out the view of the dash area.  Puts a smile on my face!


     Don't think I ever mentioned replacing the cigar lighter with a new style power plug.  This will give me a connection for the gps unit.  Time for a road trip!  Next is getting the exhaust system reinstalled well enough to take it back to Lentz for a full system rebuild.  The pinstriping should be done this week too.  I'm going to wait a bit to install the new windshield glass and mouldings.  Need to do some more research and I may have someone else do that job.

No comments:

Post a Comment