Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Just pickin' away

     Got a few more items accomplished today.  Clutch and brake pedals are back in and adjusted.  Pumping the brake pedal revealed a leak in a t-fitting connection for the pressure switch.  It was in a tight location but I was able to tighten it and stop the leak.  The driver's side exhaust pipes are back on the car.  All the exhaust will be removed again next week when I take it in to Lentz to be reworked.  I stopped in there today and discussed the new configuration I have in mind with removable sections and they agreed to do the job.  I had missed one electrical item and decided to put that on today.  The glove box light/switch assembly needed a new wire installed so I did that and put it back inside the glove box.  Once the car is back on the ground, I'll route the wire to the power connection on the terminal block to complete the install. 
     Just found out tonight that Dave Marfia aka: Dave Dunnit was seriously injured  in a car accident this past Sunday.  He was scheduled to apply some pinstripes on the firewall panel this week.  Looks like I'll just install the panel without the pinstripes for now.  Get well soon Dave!
     Need to take the other exhaust pieces to Lentz tomorrow so they can apply a bend to one pipe and expand another.  This will allow me to have both mufflers on the car when I take it in next week.
     UPS was supposed to deliver a package yesterday from Chevsofthe40s.com but it never showed.  Didn't show today either.  The package contains the headlight rim gaskets and the new knobs for the wipers and heater fan.  Did a phone follow up with UPS and it looks like the package is lost.  Now I have to call the vendor tomorrow and start a claim.  What a pita!
     Received a reply today from Owens Salvage in Texas regarding a replacement wiper for the passenger side.  They have one that has a "few pits" in the chrome so I ordered it.  Hopefully, it's not in too bad of shape. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment