Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Good news!

     I called Lecarra this morning and found out they had just received their Mark X steering wheels and would be shipping them out right away.  Don't know if mine is drop shipping direct from them or through Summit but I should have my wheel in a few days.  The long range weather forecast for next Wednesday and Thursday is calling for sunny weather with temps in the upper 40's.  That should be perfect for trailering the '41 to LA Trim for the carpet install.
     Picked up the flange gaskets for the rear end and the clutch alignment tool from Auto Zone this afternoon.  Also bought the brake lines and fittings I needed.  AZ lets you borrow tools for free so I checked out a double flaring tool kit too.  However, when I got ready to practice with the flaring tool, I discovered the counter guy had given me a metric set for 3/16 brake line.  Don't think that will make a very nice flare.  I'll take it back tomorrow and get one for SAE sizes.  AZ didn't have one adapter I needed so I checked with the local NAPA store.  They will have one for me tomorrow.  It's a T fitting that allows 3/16 brake line in and out with a 1/8 NPT on the third opening.  This will allow me to connect the original brake light switch in the brake line.  
     The axles, brake drums and wheels are reinstalled on the rear and I filled the rear end with gear lube.  That part is done!  Since I couldn't do any more with the brake lines, I cleaned and painted the pivot arm for the clutch.  That's the part that connects the clutch pedal to the linkage and pivots on the original master cylinder.

No comments:

Post a Comment