Monday, February 27, 2012

New radio

Here's a pic of the new radio installed in the dash.


There's a port on the front to allow plugging in an iPod/mp3 player.  But then you have a cord hanging out the front of the dash.  I like the accessory panel better.  It can be mounted under the dash or hidden in the glove box and accepts USB, data card or mp3 input.  I'm going with the hidden install in the glove box.  A small remote comes with the radio too.



     Got a few more things done today.  The gas bowl filter that attaches to the gas tank and the stock fuel line are reinstalled.  I cleaned the fuel line by spraying carb cleaner inside and blowing it thru the line with compressed air.  It came out quite clean.  I moved the rear brake line that ran from the rear end T fitting to the frame.  It is now connected to the shock cross member which is tight to the floor right above the rear end.  All the brake line measurements are recorded so I can pick up some line tomorrow and begin making the lengths needed.  The master cylinder is reinstalled and the steering wheel adapter is mounted to the Ididit column.  I also installed the turn signal arm, column tilt lever and hazard light button on the steering column.
     I called Scott at Scott's Signs today to check the progress on the gauge panel he is painting for me.  Looks like it will be ready on Wednesday.  Now if I could just get a steering wheel!  Think I'll call Lecarra again tomorrow and see if they have a solid delivery idea or an alternate wheel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment